Royal Hampshire County Hospital car parking
Important Reminder to patients and visitors to the RHCH:
Patients and visitors to the Royal Hampshire County Hospital in Winchester are reminded not to use the parking facilities at Hillier’s Garden Centre on Romsey Road as this car park is for the exclusive use of their customers.
Please note that parking in the Queen’s Road highway is restricted to residents’ only and anyone parking without the requisite permit may receive a penalty notice issued by the local authority.
Patient parking is available in the following areas:
- Butterfield Wing - Level 5 and 6 of the multi-storey car park
- Brinton Wing - Level 5 and 6 of the multi-storey car park
- Nightingale Wing - Queens Road or Level 5 and 6 of the multi-storey car park
- Burrell Wing - Maternity or Queens Road car park
- Maternity - Maternity or Queens Road car park
- Outpatients/ENT - Level 5 and 6 of the multi-storey car park
Due to high demand for parking on site, if you have a planned appointment or scheduled visiting time at the Hospital, we strongly recommend using park and ride. P&R is available at South Winchester (off junction 11 of the M3), St Catherine’s and Barfield (off junction 10 of the M3). A convenient and frequent bus transfer will take you directly to the Hospital. The current cost is £3 per day (£2.50 after 10.30am). P&R operates six days a week.
Up to 1 hour - £1,80
Up to 2 hours - £2.40
Up to 3 hours - £3.20
Up to 5 hours - £4.20
Up to 6 hours - £6.30
Concessionary / discounted parking
Regular patients and visitors are able to pay a lower parking rate. If you meet one of the following criteria, please speak to a member of staff in the department or ward you are visiting for more advice.
- Patients attending for chemotherapy.
- Patients/visitors attending every day after the initial week of attendance.
- Outpatients who have been attending for more than two weeks and who continue to attend at least twice a week thereafter with the same illness or condition.
- Visitors to patients being cared for in ICU or SCBU.
- Visitors to inpatients whose stay in hospital has been more than one week, providing they are visiting every day.
- Visitors to inpatients whose stay in hospital has been more than two weeks, providing they are visiting at least twice per week.
- Carers staying overnight with children who are inpatients (not Children's Outpatients).
Our concessionary rates are £1.50 per day at Royal Hampshire County Hospital . The ticket is not time limited, so you can come and go as many times as you like in the same day without having to pay again.
Parking charge notices
Our Security team is responsible for patrolling car parks. Because we have limited parking space, it is important that only people having business at the hospital park on site.
Breach of parking conditions may lead to a £60 civil parking charge notice being issued. The reason for issue is always recorded and photographs of the vehicle are taken as evidence.