Basingstoke and North Hampshire Hospital
Medical Booking Team BNHH - firstname.lastname@example.org
Surgical Booking Team BNHH - email@example.com
Head and Neck Booking Team BNHH - firstname.lastname@example.org
Women’s Health Booking Team BNHH -email@example.com
Medicine New Patient Bookings/Referrals, RHCH and AWMH
Email for Clinicians/NHS staff/GP surgeries is: firstname.lastname@example.org
Email for Patients is: Medical.BookingOfficerRHCH@hhft.nhs.uk
Older Persons Rapid Assessment
Email for Clinicians/NHS staff/GP surgeries is: email@example.com
BCG Referral Form (Basingstoke)
BCG Referral Form (Winchester)
Consent / Referral to paediatric therapy
Electronic Booking Services
Gait / leg posture
NHS Funded Fertility Treatment varies enormously across the UK; current provision across England is determined by:
- Which CCG your GP practice is associated with (this information can be obtained directly from your GP surgery). Criteria are determined by your local CCG and this is subject to change
- NHS England for Armed forces funding only
(The hospital trust has no control or influence on any policy changes and no responsibility for any changes associated with these web site links below)
Further information can be obtained from the following links:
There is an essential requirement for all funding to follow a defined treatment pathway and any associated forms must be completed by an NHS Fertility Specialist to apply for funding.
Gynaecology and Early Pregnancy
Criteria for referrals to Early Pregnancy Assessment Unit
Please note the Early Pregnancy Unit is a rapid access service for stable women. Women who are unwell or bleeding heavily should be referred to ED or the on call gynaecologist via switchboard for urgent assessment.
From 5 November 2018, 8.00am-19.30pm Monday to Friday referrals can be made by calling 07827 234119 (Basingstoke) or 01962 824484 (Winchester). Calls will be answered by a trained nurse where possible, except when the nurse is attending to patient care.
- Alternatively, please call the EPAU office on 01256 314865 or 01256 312766.
- Out of Hours, the Women’s Health Unit, Basingstoke can be contacted for an appointment on 01256 313583/4 or Anthony Letchworth ward, Winchester on 01962 824484
Following a previous ectopic pregnancy or molar pregnancy or following 2+ miscarriages, patients can self-refer to the unit.
All other patients must be referred by a healthcare professional.
All patients must have a positive urine pregnancy test in the last 7 days and be less than 13/40 and have any of the following:
- Vaginal bleeding
- Abdominal pain (suspected non-acute ectopic)
- Known risk factors for ectopic- IUD insitu, previous PID, tubal surgery, tubal damage
- Last two consecutive pregnancies ending in miscarriage (Arrange scan for 7-8/40)
- Previous ectopic pregnancy. (Arrange scan for 6-7/40)
- Previous molar pregnancy. (Arrange scan for 8/40)
- Post TOP or post surgical management with persistent bleeding
- Advice on management following a private USS
When accepting a referral we need to know the following details:
- Patients full name
- Date of birth
- Telephone number
- Last Menstrual Period (LMP)
- Date of pregnancy test.
Referrals above 13/40- can be made to Maternity Day Assessment Unit.
Basingstoke - 01256 313351
Winchester - 01962 824744
Opening hours Monday to Friday 08.00-20.30
Saturday and Sunday 10.00- 16.30
Urgent scans at the weekend for MDAU are generally on a Saturday at Winchester and a Sunday at Basingstoke. But please check at time of referral.
Please advise full bladder if over 8 weeks.
Transvaginal scan is carried out (with consent ) under 8 weeks.
Please advise children are not permitted into the scan room so it is essential that alternative arrangements are made.
Haemophilia, Haemostasis and Thrombophilia
Rheumatology Practitioner service
Basingstoke and North Hampshire Hospital - 01256 313117
Royal Hampshire County Hospital - 01962 824256
Basingstoke and North Hampshire Hospital - 01256 312768
Royal Hampshire County Hospital - 01962 828906