What is the Health Information Point?
It is a free and confidential health information service originally developed by Basingstoke and North Hampshire NHS Foundation Trust and Macmillan Cancer Support.
The Health Information Point (HiP) is staffed by an experienced health information manager and a team of specially trained volunteers.
We will be happy to help you find the information you need.
**As we are currently closed to the public, please email or telephone us for assistance.**
If you are affected by cancer and require financial advice, please contact the Hampshire Macmillan Citizens Advice Service direct for assistance.
Although we are based at Basingstoke and North Hampshire Hospital, anyone with a query about health can use the Health Information Point. There is no need for a referral from your doctor, or even to make an appointment.
Feel free to help yourself to leaflets from our collection or use our computers to find out more about illnesses, tests, treatments and healthy lifestyles.
You can also contact us via telephone or email. We will then send the information to you.
Please note that we are currently closed to the public but we can signpost you to all the services listed below if you email us or leave a message on our voicemail (01256 313969).
- Up to date high quality leaflets and factsheets to take away
- Free guided internet access for health-related queries
- Expert assistance to find answers to your questions
- A free enquiry service (in person, by phone or email)
- Details of local and national support groups and organisations
- Signposting to other local services, such as NHS dentists
- A quiet room to discuss your concerns in private.
The Health Information Point is situated within the main entrance of Basingstoke and North Hampshire Hospital.
Please note that we are currently closed to the public.