What is the Health Information Point?
It is a free and confidential health information service originally developed by Basingstoke and North Hampshire NHS Foundation Trust and Macmillan Cancer Support.
The Health Information Point is staffed by an experienced health information manager and a team of specially trained volunteers.
We will be happy to help you find the information you need.
Who is it for?
Although we are based at Basingstoke and North Hampshire Hospital, anyone with a query about health can use the Health Information Point. There is no need for a referral from your doctor, or even to make an appointment.
Feel free to help yourself to leaflets from our collection or use our computers to find out more about illnesses, tests, treatments and healthy lifestyles.
You can also contact us via telephone or email. We will then send the information to you.
What services are available?
- Up to date high quality leaflets and factsheets to take away
- Free guided internet access for health-related queries
- Expert assistance to find answers to your questions
- A free enquiry service (in person, by phone or email)
- Details of local and national support groups and organisations
- Signposting to other local services, such as NHS dentists
- Twice weekly Macmillan Citizens Advice financial clinic for people affected by cancer (call 0344 847 7727 to make an appointment)
- Weekly drop-in clinic (Tuesdays 10am to 1pm) for anyone with concerns about alcohol
- A quiet room to discuss your concerns in private.
Where can I find the Health Information Point?
The Health Information Point is situated within the main entrance of Basingstoke and North Hampshire Hospital.
We are open from 10am to 4pm, Monday to Friday (excluding public holidays and Christmas closure).
However, if you are making a special journey to visit the Health Information Point, you may wish to telephone us first.