We want to provide the best services we can for our communities, and no one knows our communities better than you.
As people with experience of using our hospitals, our patients, their carers and families can provide invaluable insight and suggestions to help us improve our services.
We want to:
- Listen to our patients, carers and families to understand how we are doing
- work in partnership with patients, carers and the broader community to improve and design our services
- develop good relationships with our local communities
- involve our communities in Research
How can you be involved?
There are many ways to get involved:
- Take part in a scheduled ward visit alongside our staff to help us assess how we are doing
- Take part in reviewing and redesigning services
- Get involved in Research projects
- Share a patient story (e.g. an experience of a hospital stay)
- Join our Patient Voice Forum to hear about all involvement opportunities, share your experiences and meet our staff.
You can also:
- Visit the Share Your Feedback give thanks, raise a concern or make a complaint
- Nominate one of our colleagues who has gone above and beyond for a WOW! Award
- Complete the Friends and Family Test Survey asking you if you recommend our services to your family or friends should they need similar care or treatment
- Give feedback directly on the NHS choices website
- Experience of cancer? Connect with the Cancer Services Partnership, which works in partnership with Hampshire Hospitals to enhance and make a difference to the lives of cancer patients, their families and carers in North and Mid Hampshire.
- Experience of maternity services? Maternity Voices Partnership supports our staff and people who have used our services to work in partnership to review and contribute to the development of local maternity care.
- Volunteer with us! Volunteering is an opportunity to make a difference, to give something back and enjoy new experiences.
- Become a member of the Foundation Trust and receive regular newsletters and invitations to meetings. For more information call 01256 313062 or e-mail email@example.com
- Get in touch with the Council of Governors. The Council of Governors work alongside the Board of Directors to ensure that the local communities and staff have an influence in how services are developed and delivered by the Foundation Trust. The Council of Governors is made up of local people, staff members and representatives from local authorities.
Public, Patient Involvement Database - Privacy Notice
We will store your details and what you would like to get involved with and when projects arise that could be of interest to you, we will contact you.
The type of personal information we collect:
We currently collect and process the following information:
- Email Address
- Preferred telephone number
- If you are over 18 years old
- Your areas of interest
- Services you have previously used
How we get the personal information and why we have it
The personal information we process is provided to us directly by you when you have completed the form. By completing this form, you are giving us consent to store this data about you.
Under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), the lawful bases we rely on for processing this information are:
Your consent. You can remove your consent at any time.
You can do this by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org
How we store your personal information
Your information is stored on a secure HHFT Microsoft account, updated via Microsoft Forms or Excel, and accessed via an Excel spreadsheet in a secure Microsoft Teams folder. Access permissions for the folder are given to Patient Experience, Research and Improvement Teams only and their permissions are removed when they leave the team.
We will keep your information for the required time period. We will then dispose your information by deleting the spreadsheet.
Your data protection rights
Under data protection law, you have rights including:
Your right of access - You have the right to ask us for copies of your
Your right to rectification - You have the right to ask us to rectify
personal information you think is inaccurate. You also have the right to
ask us to complete information you think is incomplete.
Your right to erasure - You have the right to ask us to erase your
personal information in certain circumstances.
Your right to restriction of processing - You have the right to ask us
to restrict the processing of your personal information in certain
Your right to object to processing - You have the the right to object to
the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances.
Your right to data portability - You have the right to ask that we
transfer the personal information you gave us to another organisation, or
to you, in certain circumstances.
You are not required to pay any charge for exercising your rights. If you
make a request, we have one month to respond to you.
Please contact us at email@example.com if you wish to make a
Our contact details
Name: Patient experience team
Address: Hampshire Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust, Aldermaston Road, Basingstoke,
Phone Number: 01256 313901
How to complain
If you have any concerns about our use of your personal information, you
can make a complaint to us at Information.Governance@hhft.nhs.uk
You can also complain to the ICO if you are unhappy with how we have
used your data.
The ICO’s address:
Information Commissioner’s Office
Helpline number: 0303 123 1113
ICO website: https://www.ico.org.uk