Hampshire Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust (HHFT) is delighted to announce the shortlisted nominees for the 2023 HHFT People Awards!
The HHFT People Awards are an opportunity to recognise the truly remarkable and inspiring things that Hampshire Hospitals staff do every day to care for patients and keep its hospitals running, going above and beyond to make the extra-ordinary a part of the care and services it provides.
Members of the public, patients, and HHFT colleagues were all encouraged to share what had made a member of staff stand out from the crowd, with almost 400 incredible nominations shared in total across a six-week submission period.
Following a shortlisting process in January, the staff members who have been shortlisted can now be revealed, with representation from a whole range of clinical and non-clinical roles across the trust, including healthcare assistants, sisters & nurses, as well as colleagues from HR, emergency planning and domestic teams, and many more!
Hampshire Hospitals will be celebrating all shortlisted colleagues at a special awards ceremony to be hosted on Thursday 16 March at Winchester Cathedral.
Alex Whitfield, chief executive for Hampshire Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust, said: “There are so many incredible colleagues and teams here at Hampshire Hospitals and it IS great to see so many wonderful nominations shared with us for this year’s HHFT People Awards.
“Choosing the finalists was a difficult job with lots of deserving nominees – a huge congratulations to everyone who has been recognised in the awards and to all of those who have been shortlisted. We’re really excited to celebrate the remarkable work and achievements of these colleagues at our awards ceremony next month – it’s sure to be a fantastic occasion!”
HHFT People Awards shortlist:
- CARE Award – Corporate: Alona Avdosina – catering administrator, Emergency Planning Team, Andy Meek – HR advisor, Beth Norton – associate director of operations
- CARE Award – Family & Clinical Support: Maureen Cummins – paediatric senior management PA, Diana Grecu – associate practitioner, Carol Wadeson – children’s community sister, Karen West – therapy office manager
- CARE Award – Medicine: Bronwyn Flower – healthcare assistant, Helen Holloway – senior sister, Sarah McGaughey – nurse manager, Maddy Thompson – consultant palliative care nurse
- CARE Award – Surgery: Toby Briant-Evans - consultant, Cathy Hazelwood – ward managers assistant, Jacqueline Johnson – operating department practitioner, Omiko Orji – senior ward sister
- Inclusivity Award: Vanessa Mason – workforce development facilitator, Ishbel Morrison – supported apprenticeship lead, Paula Searle – patient information lead, Debbie Stevenson – staff nurse
- Innovation Award: Apprenticeships Team, James Freeburn – catering administration lead, Sam Jackson – virtual health hub clinical service lead, Hand Therapies Team
- Collaboration Award: Rob Dunn – site maintenance manager, Tracy Harkness & Louise Hall – orthopaedic discharge coordinators, Microbiology Team, Newborn Hearing Programme Team
- Patient Care and Experience Award: Cassandra Atkinson – Macmillan gynae oncology support worker, Katie Dodd – specialty coordinate & healthcare assistant, Domestic Supervisors Team, Deirdre Shawe - rheumatology doctor
- WOW of WOWs: Nicola Flecknel – deputy sister, Lauren Hewitt – healthcare assistant, Rebecca Lee – community palliative clinical nurse specialist