Our Inpatient Acute Therapy Teams work on all three hospital sites – Basingstoke, Winchester and Andover. These teams consist of occupational therapists, physiotherapists and therapy assistants.
Our workload covers:
- The High Dependence Unit
- Intensive Care Unit
- Medical Wards
- Surgical Wards
- Oncology Wards
- Women’s Health Unit
- Diagnosis Treatment Centre
- Emergency Departments
- Rehabilitation Units
- Admission Units
As fully integrated teams, we assign our most appropriate staff member to see our patients for each occasion to ensure efficient, effective and high quality Therapy Service provision.
What is occupational therapy?
Occupational therapy takes a “whole-person approach” to both mental and physical health and wellbeing and enables individuals to achieve their full potential.
We consider these aspects when we see our patients in the acute hospital setting
- to aid their prompt discharge from the hospital back to their natural home environment;
- to promote their safety and independence through modified techniques while carrying out their daily activities including providing equipment at home;
- to ensure that our patients can access all the facilities in their home; minimize the risk of falls at home;
- and prevent re-admission back to the hospital.
Tell us about your visit
If you would like to tell us about your visit please click here for the on line Friends & Family Test Survey