Orthotics is an in-house NHS clinical service located at Basingstoke and North Hampshire Hospital as part of the Family and Clinical Support Services Division. We also have an orthotic clinical service at Royal Hampshire County Hospital and Andover War Memorial Hospital.
We are located in the Therapy Department on which can be found on A-Floor close to the main car park at the south end of Basingstoke and North Hampshire Hospital.
|Bill Davison||Clinical Lead Orthotist MBAPO Dip.OPTEC SROrth|
|Nuno Martins||Senior Clinical Orthotist MBAPO BSc Pros /Orth SROrth|
|Beverley Moraes||Clinical Orthotist MBAPO BSc Pros /Orth SROrth|
|Joanne Billin||Clinical Orthotist MBAPO BSc Pros /Orth SROrth|
|Joana Lopes||Clinical Orthotist MBAPO BSc Pros /Orth SROrth|
|Damian Piotrowski||Orthotic Technician - Basingstoke|
|Karen West||Therapy Services Administration Manager – All Sites|
|Elsa Pocock||Orthotic Administrator - Basingstoke|
|Sarah Tatlow||Orthotic Administrator - Basingstoke|
|Dino Iacona||Stores/Admin Assistant - Basingstoke|
|Linda Ashton||Orthotic Administrator – Winchester/Andover|
|Orthotic Administrator - Winchester|
What services do we provide?
The orthotic team work closely with varied disciplines throughout the Trust for both inpatient and outpatient care. We provide a clinical service for a broad spectrum of patients of all age groups such as:
- Orthopaedics/Trauma – Pre & post-operative joint support & prevention of deformity
- Paediatrics – Hip Dysplasia, Postural anomalies/deformities, developmental delay, hypermobility
- Rheumatology – Pain relief from custom bracing and bespoke footwear
- Elderly Care – Improving mobility and comfort
- Diabetes – Reducing & preventing ulceration rates, improving function & mobility
- Musculo-Skeletal Complications – Support & pain relief during rehabilitation
- Biomechanical and Gait Assessment – Pressure Mapping & analysis