What should I do if I have a problem with my Hearing or Balance?

Go to your own doctor (GP) if you have any problem with your hearing or balance, they will refer you to the most appropriate service for your needs.

NB: if you have a sudden loss of hearing in one or both ears then go as soon as possible to your nearest Accident and Emergency (A&E) department. Treatment for sudden hearing loss needs to be started within 48 hours to have the best chance of success.

What services do we provide?

Adult Hearing Service

Tinnitus Service

Balance Service

What services are provided where?

We provide the following services at our clinical locations:

  • Basingstoke and North Hampshire Hospital – Adult Hearing Service
  • Royal Hampshire County Hospital – Adult Hearing Service, Tinnitus Service, Balance Service
  • Andover War Memorial Hospital – Adult Hearing Service
  • Eastleigh Health Centre – Adult Hearing Service
  • Alton Community Centre – Adult Hearing Service
  • Chase Hospital, Borden – Adult Hearing Service
  • Wickham Surgery – Llimited Adult Hearing Service

What do we not provide?

Currently this department does not provide services in the following areas, we refer patients on to centres of expertise who do provide the following:

  • Auditory Processing Disorders (APD)
  • Cochlear Implants or other hearing implants