Our service helps people deal with psychological issues which are caused by, or contribute to, physical health problems.
These include the cognitive/emotional/behavioural effects of neurological conditions, managing pain, anxiety, depression and other problems in coping with illness and disability
We provide services at Andover War Memorial Hospital (AWMH), Basingstoke and North Hampshire Hospital (BNHH), Royal Hampshire County Hospital (RHCH), and Alton Community Hospital. Our hub is at RHCH.
Clinical Psychologists in the Trust are currently funded to provide services in the following areas:
- Neuropsychology & Neuro-Rehabilitation: inpatient and outpatient work for acquired neurological conditions
- Chronic Pain: a flexible self-management pathway including a one-to-one and group-based pain management programme
- Diabetes Self-Management Support
- Early Supported Discharge (ESD) - for stroke rehabilitation
- Critical care and
- Pseudomyxoma Peritonei
Adult Clinical Health Psychologists in HHFT:
- Dr Ben Papps, Consultant Clinical Neuropsychologist and Head of Clinical Health Psychology Service
- Dr Nancy Vanderpuye, Consultant Clinical Psychologist (Peritoneal Malignancy and Critical Care)
- Dr Carolyn Harmer, Principal Clinical Psychology (Pain)
- Dr Bhandal, Clinical Psychologist ( Diabetes/ Pain)
- Dr Emma Ferguson, Clinical Psychologist in Neuropsychology
- Dr Philippa Beckwith, Clinical Neuropsychologist
- Dr Fionnuala McKiernan, Clinical Psychologist (Neuropsychology in Stroke- Early Supported Discharge)
- Dr Sarah Whitaker, Clinical Psychologist (Haemophilia)
- Dr Laura Flower, Clinical Psychologist (Haemophilia)
- Mr Nick Coulson, Assistant Psychologist
Other staff include visiting professionals and trainee clinical psychologists (those on the Clinical Psychology clinical doctorate course at Southampton University).
Accessing clinical health psychology services differs according to the different clinical areas where we work. Please click on 'Related Links' below for specific referral information. Please note, in most services (with the exception of neuropsychology), direct referral to clinical health psychology is not possible and requires medical consultant-led assessment in the first instance