Mr Ronnie Rahman, Consultant obstetrician and gynaecologist
Mr Rahman graduated from St Bartholomew’s and The Royal London School of Medicine in 2005. He then completed his foundation training in The North East Thames Foundation School. Following this he went onto complete his specialty training in obstetrics and gynaecology in The London Deanary.
During the course of his specialty training Mr Rahman has completed the Royal College of Obstetrician and Gynaecologists (RCOG) accredited Advanced Training Specialty Modules (ATSMs) in Open and Laparoscopic Surgery, in Hysteroscopy and in Advanced Labour Ward Practice.
Upon completion of his specialty training Mr Rahman went on to complete a Fellowship working at the internationally respected Myoma Centre at St George’s Hospital in London- renowned for the management of uterine fibroids. During this fellowship, Mr Rahman gained the experience and skills in the surgical management of complex uterine fibroids.
Mr Rahman is currently the Menstrual Disorders and Ambulatory Gynaecology Lead for Basingstoke and North Hampshire Hospital. His main interests include:
- The medical and surgical management of heavy, irregular and/or painful periods including endometrial ablation, open and laparoscopic (keyhole) hysterectomy.
- The surgical management of uterine fibroids (including open, laparoscopic and hysteroscopic myomectomy)
- Outpatient hysteroscopy and the outpatient treatment of disorders of the uterus including problems of menstruation as well as the removal of polyps, intrauterine fibroids and septae.
- General gynaecology including pelvic pain
- Maternal diabetes
- Second trimester miscarriage prevention
- General obstetrics including intrapartum care
MBBS (London) DFSRH MRCOG
Member of the British Society of Gynaecological Endoscopists (BSGE)