Attending an outpatient appointment during COVID-19
We know hospital visiting increases the risk of virus transmission: please help us to keep those important to you as safe as possible
When preparing to attend for an outpatient appointment at Hampshire Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust, we request you:
- Only attend if you have received confirmation of your appointment, this will be by letter or phone.
- Do not bring anyone with you unless this is essential i.e. a carer and let the consultants’ secretary know if you need to bring anyone for essential reasons.
- Do not attend if you have symptoms of coronavirus (high temperature, new continuous cough, loss of taste and smell) or if you are shielding. Please contact the consultant’s secretary or the main outpatients reception to tell us you will not be attending.
- Do not arrive early. Report for your appointment 10 minutes before your appointment time. If you are worried about being late, wait in your car until 10 minutes before your appointment.
- Comply with social distancing rules at all times.
- Minimise the amount of personal belongings you bring with you into the hospital, for example: handbags, wallets, phones, jewellery, watches, wristbands should not be worn/ carried
- Please note that the healthcare staff will be wearing different personal protective equipment (PPE) depending on the activity performed.
In order to control the virus and for the safety of all, you will be required to:
- Wear a face mask which we will provide or your own face covering inside the hospital and for the duration of your attendance. Please use hand gel on entry. Our communal/catering areas remain closed.
- Wash your hands and use the hand gel available at every entrance.
- Please note that you may be turned away if you are not wearing a face mask/covering unless there are exceptional circumstances that you should raise prior to your appointment.
- Avoid wearing gloves unless advised by a healthcare professional.
- Socially distance at all times.
- Dispose of your face mask upon leaving the main hospital building in the yellow bins supplied and disinfect your hands with gel, head directly home, do not visit others. Do no keep the face mask with you as you would increase the risk of spreading the virus.
It is strongly encouraged that all clothes you wear should to be washed separately when you arrive home at 60 degrees or higher.
Please speak to the consultants’ secretary for further information in regards to your appointment.
updated 24 July 2020