We know that hospital visiting increases the risk of infection to inpatients. Please help us to keep your loved ones as safe as possible.
We have reviewed arrangements to allow visits to inpatients in a very careful and Covid-secure way.
From 17 May 2021, one visitor (a relative, friend or carer) will be allowed to visit at any one time.
Planning your visit
Only one visitor is permitted per patient at any time. Please note that we have separate arrangements for visiting patients at the end of their life - ask your loved one's nurse for details.
Visits must be booked in advance by contacting the nurse in charge of the ward. If you arrive without having first agreed a time and date with the nurse in charge of the ward, we will ask you to return home.
We encourage all visitors to obtain their own supply of lateral flow test kits, which are available from pharmacies or can be ordered online via the government's website. If possible, please do a test at home on the same day as your booked visit and bring evidence with you of your negative result.
Do NOT visit if you have:
- any COVID-19 symptoms (high temperature, new continuous cough, loss or change in taste or smell, flu symptoms, headache, or if you are feeling unwell)
- diarrhoea or vomiting. Please wait until you have been clear of symptoms for at least 48 hours
- tested positive for COVID-19 in the last 10 days
- had recent contact with a person who tested positive, and you were told to self-isolate by NHS Test and Trace or equivalent
- are self-isolating after travel abroad.
Maternity services visiting
For more information, visit our maternity services page.
Alternatives to visiting in person
Many of our wards have iPads and we can help patients to connect with their loved ones via virtual visits.
If you would like to send a message to a patient or request a song for them on hospital radio, please visit our Stay In Touch page.
Support for your loved one
Our chaplaincy team are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week by phone 01256 314901 (Basingstoke patients) or 01962 824906 (Andover and Winchester patients), or via email at email@example.com
updated 10 August 2021